What is Brain Fog?
Brain fog is a term commonly used to describe mental fatigue. Depending on its severity, it can impact your daily life. Experiences such as memory problems, lack of mental clarity, poor concentration and the inability to focus are just some examples of what it is like to have Brain Fog.
What causes Brain Fog?
The most common causes of Brain Fog include:
- Chronic Stress
- Food intolerances and sensitivities
- Nutritional deficiency of Vitamin B12
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates feed bad bacteria and yeast in our gut which can lead to a whole host of symptoms, but more importantly, contribute to brain fog.
- Leaky Gut
- Some medications can reduce energy production
How to treat Brain Fog?
- Increase level of physical activity
- Review current medications or supplements
- Sleeping 8 to 9 hours per night
- Managing stress by knowing your limitations and avoiding excessive alcohol and caffeine
- Increasing your intake of protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats
If symptoms persist and you find yourself frequently experiencing brain fog, it may be a suggest another deeper condition. So, speak to a healthcare professional.